Tuesday 11 March 2014

MFT sketch Wednesday card



So I've finally bitten the bullet and decided to start my own blog. The main reason being so that I can enter my cards into design challenges and competitions!

My first offering is for the MFT (My Favourite Things) sketch Wednesday challenge. I started of with a piece of white card stock from my stash that was 4.25"x 11" inch, scored at 5.5" to make a top folding card. I matted a piece of black card (4.25" x 5.5") onto the card blank. Next I used the chevron stencil as a template to cut the design out of pieces of patterned paper and coloured card stock. I layered these onto black card to give a solid base. When finished I highlighted the edges with co-ordinating glitter. Then I added a black die cut circle followed by the vellum banner with my stamped sentiment. The finishing touch is a scotty dog punched out of the same papers and finished with a pink gem.


The Original Inspiration from MFT


2 comments:

  1. Wow your first post on a new blog and I think I am your first comment :) I love your card for this sketch, the colours are gorgeous..........Lyn

    ReplyDelete